For the past several months, I have been a subscriber to the delivery service Rocksbox. For $20 a month, one receives unlimited jewelry to borrow. It works like this:
- When you sign up for Rocksbox, you take a short survey to gauge your style preferences. You can also select a “wish list” from their arsenal of inventory.
- Each box you receive has 3 pieces of jewelry in it.
- You can keep the box & jewelry for as long or as little as you like, and you return it once done (they provide postage and a sleeve for you to ship it back).
- Once they receive the old box, you can write a review of the jewelry you received and they will send you a new one.
- If you decide you’d like to keep any of the jewelry from your box, you can and they will charge the card on file for it once the box is returned.
- You can stop/start the service any time you like. I did this when I moved from New York to Nashville.
My favorite things I like about the service:
- The jewelry designers they carry – Gorjana, Kendra Scott, House of Harlow, and Slate, to name a few.
- For each box, you receive a personalized letter from a stylist explaining why they picked pieces for you. It’s a very personal experience.
- The jewelry, since it’s used, is discounted, but you also get a $10 discount off per month to use towards purchases. If you keep your entire box, they knock off another $10.
- Writing reviews helps the next stylist hone in on what your preferences are, and what you’d like. Have a fancy event coming up? Request a statement necklace. Want to switch your primary metal from gold to silver? Let them know. Want to be surprised with something different from your style? Just ask.
- As a member, you can buy old jewelry (last season, slightly damaged) at their Sale Shop for up to 50% off retail price.
If you’re interested in trying it, you can sign up at www.rocksbox.com. Use my code CAMILLEBFF82 for your first month free!
Be sure to follow me on Instagram @serialoutfitrepeater.