Anyone that follows me on Instagram knows that I love waking up to a good smoothie bowl. I got a little experimental after some Pinterest surfing one day and decided to make this variation on my classic smoothie recipe, which I’ve posted before.
I’ve never been a huge fan of mint chocolate chip anything, but have acquired a taste for it in the past year. This smoothie has a refreshing, crisp taste and is very good for digestion (in addition to all the other nutritious benefits of the ingredients). Let me know what you think in the comments below.
Mint Chocolate Chip Smoothie
Prep time: 10 min | Makes 2 servings
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- 15-20 mint leaves (depending how intensely minty you want your smoothie)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp protein powder (can sub for flavorless protein powder of choice)
- 2 tbsp cacao nibs
- Blend all ingredients well in a blender.
- Optional – seal in an airtight container to save or for meal prep. Refrigerate immediately. Smoothie will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- When ready to consume, pour into 2 bowls and garnish with a sprig of mint leaves. Enjoy!
For more daily wellness and lifestyle posts, be sure to follow me on Instagram @serialoutfitrepeater.