I feel like Labor Day sometimes gets a bad rap. People regard it as bittersweet; the social end to summer. I don’t know if I can honestly share that sentiment. I think it’s so important to live in the moment and just enjoy it for what it is – a fantastic, hot, long summer weekend.
(Also, for my fellow Nashvillians, we all know that this will not be the last hot weekend anyway.)
Deep Bay Spirits – a local Nashville brand – help me stay in the moment while enjoying these summer days with friends (like Bedford, photographed above). Gone are the days where I have to worry about bringing bottles of liquor, mixers, cups & ice to a summer shindig. These quality canned cocktails are canned & compact and come in all my favorite mixed drink flavors. Plus, they have zero sugar, zero carbs, and are only 110 calories. I can just grab a six pack at one of our local Nashville beverage distributors, pop it in a mini cooler, and I’m good to go.
If you are local to Nashville, I’ve listed ten different ideas on how to spend this Labor Day Weekend and get the most out of the beautiful extra day off:
- Take in a free concert at Live on the Green, featuring Vulfpeck, Paul McDonald, Missy Ekko, Matt & Kim, Jimmy Eat World, and many more.
- Find a friend who lives in one of those high rise apartments downtown with a pool. Invite yourself over – don’t forget to bribe them with some Deep Bay. (Do you live in one of those high rises? Be a good friend & invite your friends over.)
- Find a friend with a boat. Follow same steps in bulleted point above.
- Watch one of the last Nashville Sounds home games of the season (Friday Aug 31).
- Enjoy a Sunday Funday without consequences – be sure to check out the Spazmatics at Dawg House who perform every Sunday!
- Kayak down the Cumberland River to get a new view of downtown.
- Bougie on a budget: host a boozy brunch potluck (you can provide the Deep Bay).
- Watch Middle Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt football at Vanderbilt Stadium.
- Take a road trip to Cummins Falls or Rock Island to be one with nature whilst simultaneously cooling off in some gorgeous waterfalls.
- If all else fails, Broadway is always a good option.
What are your plans for this Labor Day Weekend?